Terms and Conditions of Pairbuilding sp. z o.o
§1 General provisions
- These regulations(hereinafter: “Regulations”) specify the terms and conditions for the provision of the “Pairbuilding” service, provided by the company Pairbuilding sp. z o.o with its headquarters in Warsaw at ul. Mazowiecka 11 st. 49, 00-052 Warsaw, entered in the Register of Companies kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw Of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000706362, with a NIP number: 5252732863 (hereinafter: “Service Provider”).
- Contact details and other relevant information about the Service Provider:
- Website: www.pairbuilding.pl (hereinafter: “Website”);
- e-mail address to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (hereinafter: “E-mail address”);
- The essence of the service (hereinafter referred to as “Service” or “Pairbuilding” or “Dating”) is to organize a social game for a couple after having filled out a form allowing them to choose the appropriate variant.
- The conclusion of the contract between the Service Provider and the Customer (hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”) takes place at the time of payment for the service by the client via the website.
- A “customer/client” can be any adult physical person. By making a purchase, the Customer identifies the person of the Partner with whom he wants to use the Service. The partner can be any adult physical person. From the moment of purchasing the Service, you can not change the Partner’s person.
- Before concluding the Agreement, the Customer is obliged to carefully read these Regulations. The Regulations are available on the Website of the Service Provider. By accepting the Regulations, the Customer submits a statement that he / she has read its contents and fully accepts the terms of the Agreement.
- The service provided is provided in Warsaw, in various places, depending on the client’s preferences. The exact place of the Dating will be made available to Clients by means of an SMS sent 24 hours before the set date Dates.
- The duration of the Date is usually about 90 minutes, but it is decided by the Client. In particular, the Organizer is not responsible for early termination of the Date.
- During the Date, the Client will be invited to the game prepared by the Service Provider. The game can take the form of a board game, computer game, riddles, quiz or other forms of entertainment.
- During the game played as part of the Date, additional fees are not charged by the Service Provider. If a given game requires the sending of SMS and MMS, the cost of sending them shall be covered by the Customer in accordance with the Operator’s price list of their mobile telephone service.
- The client is aware that Pairbuilding is not a form of couples therapy.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for the course of the Date, in particular the emotional state of the Client / Clients, as well as for decisions made during the Date or from its influence.
§3 Booking and Price
- A Pairbuilding Booking can be made through the Website after paying for the service and completing the forms sent by the Service Provider in the form of on-line surveys.
- When making a reservation, the Customer and the Partner are obliged to provide the Service Provider with the following data: name, e-mail address, mobile phone number.
- After ordering and paying for the service, the Customer and Partner will receive a link to the questionnaires at the e-mail address indicated by them.
- After completing the questionnaires, the Customer and Partner receive access to the on-line calendar, where they choose the time and date of the Date. Changes to the date can be made using the aforementioned calendar, but no later than 7 days before the previously selected date.
- The use of the Service requires prior payment of the price indicated in the current price list of the Service Provider, available on the Website. The prices indicated in the Price List are gross prices – they include all taxes and fees.
- The prices can be made via the DotPay online payment system.
- The Client and Partner are required to complete the questionnaires sent after making the payment within 90 days of their receipt. In case of non-completion of questionnaires (and no booking of the service), the fee is not refundable.
- The customer has the right to resign from the service within 90 days from the date of the contract. Resignation from the service should be done by sending a message to the e-mail address.
- If the reservation is canceled, the Customer will receive a refund of the paid payment only if the Service Provider is informed of this fact by sending a message to the Service Provider’s e-mail address, at least 7 days before the booked Pairbuilding date.
- In the event of failure to set the deadline for Pairbuilding on the on-line calendar, the payment made by the Customer is not refundable.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to introduce rebates, discounts or other preferential rates. The organizer may sell gift vouchers or vouchers.
- Information on current prices and promotions will be made available on the Website. The change in the Price List does not constitute a change to the Regulations.
- The customer has the right to lodge a complaint – on the basis of a warranty, in accordance with the generally applicable laws resulting, inter alia, from the Act on Consumer Rights (Dz.U.2017.683 t.j. with later changes) and the Civil Code (Dz.U.2017.459 t.j. with later changes). Complaints may be submitted to the Service Provider to the E-mail address or in writing – to the registered address of the Service Provider – indicated in § 1 of the Regulations. The Provider is obliged to respond to the complaint within 14 days from the date of its receipt, in the form of an e-mail or in written form.
§4 Personal data
- The administrator of the Customer’s personal data is the Service Provider (hereinafter also referred to as the “Administrator”).
- The Customers’ personal data is collected in order to implement the Agreement, and if the Customer agrees – also for marketing purposes.
- The customer has the right to access their data and correct it.
- Providing personal data is voluntary, but failure to provide the personal data required in the Regulations or the Form required to conclude the Agreement results in the inability to conclude the Agreement.
- Materials used to implement the Service are protected by copyright. These include: instructions and materials for games, support materials, graphic elements (including the Pairbuilding logo), content on the website and others, not listed above.
- The proprietary copyrights to the above-mentioned materials belong only to Pairbuilding Sp. z o.o.
- Except as otherwise stated, none of the materials or parts thereof may be: copied, modified, distributed, published, uploaded, displayed, recorded or used in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photographic, recording, without prior written permission of the Service Provider.
§5 Final provisions
- The Regulations are valid from November 10, 2017.
- The service provider is entitled to change the regulations. In such a case, the Regulations shall apply to the Agreements in the wording effective on the date of its conclusion.
- Detailed information on the possibility of using by the customer as a consumer from out-of-court complaint and redress procedures and the rules of access to these procedures are available at the offices and on the websites of district (municipal) consumer ombudsman, social organizations whose statutory tasks include consumer protection , Provincial Inspectorates of the Trade Inspection and the following Internet addresses of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection:
- The customer, as a consumer, has the following exemplary possibilities to use non-judicial means of dealing with complaints and redress:
- The customer is entitled to apply to a permanent amicable consumer court, referred to in art. 37 of the Act on Trade Inspection (Journal of Laws from 2014, item 148, as amended), with a request to settle a dispute arising from the Contract concluded with the Service Provider.
- The customer is entitled to apply to the provincial inspector of Trade Inspection, pursuant to art. 36 of the Act on the Trade Inspection (Journal of Laws from 2014, item 148, as amended), with a request to initiate mediation proceedings regarding the amicable settlement of the dispute between the Customer and the Service Provider.
- The customer may get free assistance in resolving the dispute between him and the Service Provider, also using the free help of the poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsman or social organization, whose statutory tasks include consumer protection (including the Consumer Federation, Association, Polish Consumers).
- The customer, as a consumer, has the right to use extrajudicial means of dealing with complaints and redress. To this end, it may lodge a complaint via the EU ODR online platform at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, generally applicable provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular: the Civil Code, the Act on consumer rights, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data.